Saturday, July 19, 2014

Walking in a Fog

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          

Have you ever been walking in dense fog? The kind of fog where you can only see a few feet in front of you. Even if you are familiar with the path you are traveling, fog can make you less certain of your direction.

The past several months I have felt like I was walking in a spiritual fog, blindly reaching in front of me trying to feel my way through life, ministry, and marriage. I told my husband that I constantly feel behind, in need of “catching up” but not really knowing what I’m behind on or even what I’m chasing after.

This morning I read this verse in my devotions:

“Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.”

Psalm 119:2

Through this the Lord has shown me that I had stopped seeking Him with my whole heart. I had still been reading my Bible and praying, even asking God for direction in my life, but then trying to take control and seek my own way through my life. After reading this verse the Lord also brought to mind this short outline of Proverbs 3:5-6 that I learned at Teen Camp this year from Evangelist, Tim Thompson.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;” – I’m Sure: God is worthy of my Trust.

…and lean not unto thine own understanding.” – I’m Clueless: I am un-worthy of my Trust.

In all thy ways acknowledge him,” – I’m Listening: My heart needs to receive God’s direction.

…and he shall direct thy paths.”

The Lord uses “fog” in our lives at times to teach us just this; He is worthy of our trust and we need to listen to His directions. You see the Lord can see what we can’t see and He wants to lead us in the right path, but so often we pull away from His leading and choose to blindly stumble through the fog instead.

Today, will you choose to follow the Lord? Will you allow Him to lead you whether your life’s path is seemingly crystal clear or covered in dense fog? Will you seek Him “with the whole heart?”

1 comment:

  1. This was a blessing Becky!!! I've been a bit on the foggy side myself lately and this was encouraging.

    ReplyDelete